Steeped in history, the Dean Village lies in quiet seclusion just ten minutes' walk from Princes Street and George Street in Edinburgh City Centre. Originally called the "Water of Leith Village", it was a successful grain milling hamlet for over 800 years. The four arched Dean Bridge, designed by Thomas Telford, was erected here in 1833. Property in the Dean Village today continues to reflect its history with a number of mill conversions blending comfortably with tasteful modern developments.
There is excellent specialist shopping at Edinburgh's West End and beyond in the City Centre and a short walk along the river takes you to Stockbridge where there is a wide range of shopping options including a Waitrose supermarket.
Dean Village local amenities include the Drumsheugh private swimming baths, Edinburgh Sports Club, Dean Tennis Club and the Galleries of Modern Art 1 and 2. The Water of Leith walkway also provides access to the Edinburgh cycle paths while the Royal Botanical Gardens and Inverleith Park are just a short distance away.
The location is convenient for Waverley and Haymarket stations which provide regular services to Glasgow, the Central Belt and throughout the UK.