Ready to sell? Find out how much your home is worth
The first step to selling your house or flat in Scotland is to find out how much it’s worth by arranging a free house valuation carried out by an ESPC solicitor estate agent.
ESPC solicitor estate agents cover areas across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife, the Scottish Borders, central and west of Scotland, and Dumfries and Galloway. Find out more below, then fill in the quick form for a free and personalised valuation from a solicitor estate agent.
Remember only solicitor estate agents can advertise on ESPC. When it comes to selling your property our aim is simple: to ease the process and make the market accessible for everyone and that's what our solicitor estate agents will do.
Not looking to sell your house and just looking for a ballpark selling price? Find out how much properties in your area have sold for with our Sold Prices Search.
How a home valuation with an ESPC solicitor estate agent works
1. Add your details and select your solicitor estate agent(s)
2. We send your request across to your selected solicitor estate agent(s)
3. Your chosen solicitor(s) will be in touch directly to provide a personalised valuation
Reasons to use an ESPC solicitor estate agent valuation
1. They offer a complete service - all your conveyancing and estate agency needs are handled by one firm
2. All ESPC solicitor estate agents are experts in the local property market
3. A personalised service designed to help you get the most from your property sale
4. ESPC solicitor estate agents achieve a 3% higher price for property sales on average when it comes to the amount of Home Report valuation achieved.
Getting a home valuation by an ESPC solicitor estate agent is a free and simple process.
- Fill in our free property valuation form online.
- Choose what matters to you, whether that’s selling your house fast, selling at the highest price, working with an expert agent who has sold properties nearby or has expert local knowledge through an office near you.
- Pick from our agents based on your chosen criteria.
It's that simple! We’ll then ask your selected solicitor estate agents to contact you to discuss the next steps.
Find out how much your house or flat is worth.
The best way to find out the true value of your home is to talk to an ESPC agent so they can take into account all the different factors that may affect the selling price of your home.
An instant online valuation will be based on sold prices in the area and not necessarily take into account all the different elements that could affect the value of your own property.
The added benefit is that talking to an ESPC solicitor estate agent allows you to ask more questions about the selling process and decide whether you would like to sell your home with them.
A property valuation is the first step to selling your home in Scotland. This can help inform the rest of your home buying and selling journey, which is why it’s so important to work with a solicitor estate agent who understands the property market and your local area.
Not only will they let you know how much your home is worth, but they will also be there to guide you through every step of selling your home.
Our valuations service will allow you to choose a solicitor estate agent, who is part of the ESPC network, to start the process of selling your home with. There are lots of benefits to selling with an ESPC solicitor estate agent, including:
- The home of getting more. Independent research showed ESPC agents sold homes for an average of 3% more above Home Report value than non-ESPC agents.
- The home of local expert knowledge. Our solicitor estate agents are all experts in the local property market, with access to a wealth of ESPC data, which means they are able to guide you through the entire process from start to finish. It also means that you need less points of contact with different companies throughout each step of your property buying or selling journey.
- The home of fantastic property marketing. When you sell with an ESPC solicitor estate agent, you can access the comprehensive ESPC marketing package, which includes advertising on espc.com, which receives hundreds of thousands of page views a week, and ensures you reach a wide pool of prospective buyers.
Yes! After you fill out the ESPC form you will have the option to send it to more than one solicitor estate agent.
A house valuation involves a property valuer from the solicitor estate agent firm assessing your property to find out about the condition, layout and any different features of the property that will affect its appeal to buyers.
Using their expert knowledge and access to ESPC market data, they will then be able to provide you with a valuation, helping you to understand how much your home is worth and how much it is likely to sell for.
Every solicitor estate agent is unique and you need to find the firm that best suits your needs. This is a general guide to the valuation process.
- Your chosen solicitor estate agent will contact you to arrange a time that suits.
- They will discuss the process with you and let you know of anything that you need to do in advance of the visit.
- The agent will then walk through the property to inspect its condition and any important features.
- During or after the valuation, the agent will ask questions about your property and also offer advice on preparing it for market.
- After they have left, the ESPC solicitor estate agent will contact you by phone or email to provide your home valuation.
Arrange a free property valuation with an ESPC solicitor estate agent today to find out how much your house or flat is worth.
There are many factors that can go into determining the value of a property but some of the most important factors include:
- location and neighbourhood
- size of the property
- number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- the condition of the property
It's free! Home valuations through an ESPC solicitor estate agent for your house or flat cost absolutely nothing. The free service allows you to find out how much your home is worth in the current market with no obligation and without spending a penny.
Our home valuation service focuses on what’s important to you. That’s why we offer the option to choose agents by specific criteria, including:
- An agent near you
- Getting the highest selling price
- Selling your home quickly
This feature makes our valuations service unique to others and ensures you work with agents best suited to help you through the home selling process.
It is really important to know how much your property is worth so you sell it at market value and get your money's worth.
Also, all mortgage lenders will require a valuation for an onward purchase which is normally covered by a Home Report. If a pre-sale valuation isn't available then the lender would need to arrange a basic mortgage valuation.
You can get in touch with ESPC Mortgages who will ensure that you obtain the correct mortgage when you are moving house.
Yes, many people seek out a valuation before they definitely decide to sell. When you get a valuation from a solicitor estate agent you can ask more questions about the selling process to get an idea of when would be a good time to put your house on the market.
There are several ways to increase the value of your home, but these are some of the most common:
- Make sure everything in your house works (pipes, plugs, taps etc)
- Add an extension
- Convert the attic or garage into a functioning room
- Install a modern kitchen and bathroom fittings
- Make it more energy efficient