Mortgage paperwork checklist
Here at ESPC, we understand how frustrating it can be waiting for a mortgage approval whilst lenders check every financial detail of your proposed budget. That's why we have created this handy paperwork check-list to make sure you are one step ahead of the mortgage game.
Simply, your lender will check with 2 things:
1. Your monthly income
1. Your outgoings - The usual living costs, including loans, utility bills, credit cards, rent, food, etc
What you need to succeed:
- Proof of identity and address - Such as your passport or driving licence and a paper copy of a utility bill
- Proof of income - Such as your last 3 payslips, P60 forms from the last 2 years, retirement income, income from investments such as rental property, and other income such as tax credits or child maintenance payments.
- Check your credit score before they do- We recommend the free credit score checker on Experian.co.ukto help you understand your credit situation first-hand and discover how lenders may view your application.
- Register to vote- Often people forget, especially young buyers! Not being on the electoral roll can have a negative effect on your credit rating. Make sure you register today to avoid additional identification checks and a longer waiting time for your mortgage approval.
- Avoid the overdraft- Some lenders may not accept your mortgage application if you have been in an overdraft at all in the last three months. Speak to our friendly ESPC mortgage team on advice on how to budget for your monthly remortgage payments once approved.
- Proof of savings- From your bank or building society.