ESPC Lettings complaint procedure
ESPC Lettings view complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for person that has made the complaint.
The ESPC Lettings complaint procedure has been structured to ensure that any concerns are dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
ESPC Lettings complaint policy
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use, for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know who to contact us to make a complaint
- To make sure everyone at ESPC Lettings knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely manner
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us improve what we do.
Definition of a complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of ESPC Lettings.
Complaints may come from tenants, landlords, neighbours or contractors. A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, face-to-face or in writing, by email or post.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively – only those that need to know will be informed, and all relevant data protection requirements will be followed.
How to register a formal complaint
To register a formal complaint please follow the process as detailed below:
- In order that your concerns are addressed as efficiently as possible, we ask that you raise the issues verbally with the Senior Property Manager first.
- Your complaints will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt and an investigation undertaken. We aim to respond to your complaint within 15 working days.
- If this does not resolve your complaint, you should contact the Head of ESPC Lettings.
- This complaint will also be acknowledged within three working days and an investigation will be undertaken.
- Following an investigation by the Head of Lettings, a formal written response will be sent to you within 15 working days via either post or email. This will include any offer made.
- If dissatisfied, you are entitled to refer this matter to the First-tier Tribunal.
You may also be interested in...
Landlord checklist with information on legal responsibilities, property tax and maintenance.
Scottish Letting Agent Register
ESPC (UK) Ltd - LARN1904080
ESPC Lettings are accredited with Landlord Accreditation Scotland.