Property repair and maintenance event
Come along to our free event where you can speak to knowledgeable professionals who can put you on the right track.
Date: 25th September 2017 at 5.30pm-7.30pm
Venue: ESPC Property Information Centre, 107 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3ES (Map)
Living in a tenement? Have you considered the best way to maintain the communal building in which you live to protect your property from damp or other such problems?
Or worry about how to go about fixing repairs on your shared building now that the council's statutory notices are no longer issued? Is there funding available for your property?
About the event
Hypostyle Architects has worked with homeowners for many years providing a professional service to help them repair and maintain their properties.
ESPC has teamed up with Hypostyle to host a Property Maintenance Event to provide homeowners with the tools required to assess their building's condition and demonstrate how to carry out repairs and ensure correct maintenance of their property. This means you don't have to worry about any sudden large bills due to degrading buildings.
For information about the event or to book a space contact Jo Parry of Hypostyle at email@example.com or call 0131 555 0688.
Places are limited so book fast to make sure your home is protected!
We have excellent speakers who will each talk for around 10 minutes:
- Hypostyle Architects: Introduction to event.
- Lead Contractors Association: Best roof repair practice.
- Stone Federation: Identifying defective stonework & the process of its repair/replacement.
- Historic Environment Scotland: Advice on repair and maintenance, covering all areas of your building and HS Inform guides available.
- Scottish Government: The tenement act and encouraging owners to work with their neighbours.
- City of Edinburgh Council: Edinburgh Shared Repairs service on common repairs in Edinburgh and how the Council can assist owners.
- Home Energy Scotland: Energy efficiency within your property.
- British Geological Survey: Stone matching advice and sourcing.
After the speakers
Mingle and talk to the experts who can answer any of your specific questions or concerns, plus pick up information packs. In addition, Edinburgh World Heritage will be there on the night who can provide details regarding any funding available for the preservation of selected properties in and around Edinburgh.
Perhaps you fancy learning more about building maintenance so that you can spot any potential work before it gets worse.