Warriston is a suburb to the north east of the Royal Botanic Gardens. The Water of Leith flows by this area. There is a large playing field which extends into the Goldenacre area. Areas near to Warriston include: Inverleith, Newhaven, Trinity and Canonmills.
Houses for sale in Warriston vary from traditional Edinburgh tenements through to homes in mature new build developments. This area is popular with house buyers because of its proximity to the city centre and most of the properties in Warriston are in the catchment area for the well respected Trinity Primary School and Trinity Academy.
The Edinburgh cycle path network runs through Warriston and connects St Marks Park, Victoria Park and Inverleith Park.
Our local area profile comes from Neil who has lived in Warriston for 5-years.
- Favourite watering hole: while not in Warriston, it is only a 10 minute walk to the Starbank that overlooks the Firth of Forth.
- Favourite outdoor area: Victoria Park is a great local park. The local dads all congregate there at the weekend to let their kids run wild and throw themselves wild in the play areas.
- Best takeaway and why: The Gold Sea on Ferry Road do a great homemade steak pie.
- Local services: There are a number of good bus routes that go through Warriston. For food shopping there is a 24-hour Asda and a Tesco supermarket. For more local shopping you have to try Ferry Road and Inverleith Row.
- What I like most about the area: Warriston is in the heart of the city but is a very quiet place. You are only 5 minutes from the city centre or everything that Ocean Terminal has to offer. For runners and cyclists you have access points to the cycle path network on your doorstep.
- Describe the area in 3-words: Central, quiet, home.