ESPC giving 20 km for CCLASP
At 1pm on Friday 5th December, an ESPC team will be 'giving 20' by running 20km for CCLASP.
Meet the team
Meet the entrepid runners of the 20k Charity run around Edinburgh for CCLASP!
Lisa is a Content + Engagement Executive at the ESPC and has been running for the last two years.
- What training have you done for the race? –I run long distance during the summer (a few 10k runs during the week and a longer 20-30 k run on the week-end) and then 'lift heavy' in the gym in the winter to keep strong!
- What is your top tip for those who would like to run a longer distance race? Split the distance in half and just get it in your mind that you are only running half and the other half is getting back home! Works every time!
- What do you always take on a run? A horrible energy gel on longer runs but normally just my earphones and sunglasses. I don't drink any fluids on runs so I normally don't hav emuch to carry!
- Why should people sponsor you on this 20k for CCLASP adventure? Val and the gang at CCLASP are just so kind and giving and what better way to help them to keep supporting parents by raising some awareness and funds doing something that's actually good for you! Please give a penny or a pound (or more!) and help us meet our target of £500.
Paul is the CEO of ESPC and an avid runner!
- What training have you done for the race? –I run three times a week.
- What is your top tip for those who would like to run a longer distance race?- In the words of Nike – just do it. I think you can easily talk yourself out of it. Just go slow, take in the scenery, take a friend and the miles will just sail by. If you can run three miles you can run six, if you can run six you can run eight and so on……..
- What do you always take on a run? I would like to say my game face but in truth normally just myself and my music and headphones. A blast of The eye of the tiger always comes in handy on them hills.
- Why should people sponsor you on this 20k for CCLASP adventure? A great local charity where any contribution can make a real difference.
Dom is Solutions Architect for ESPC and helps to keep espc.com running smoothly.
- What training have you done for the race? Not nearly enough, just a few runs around Arthur’s seat
- What is your top tip for those who would like to run a longer distance race? Let your mind wander and before you know it you’ll have run another mile!
- What do you always take on a run? As little as possible, I find being encumbered with gadgets and water bottles can be draining
- Why should people sponsor you on this 20k for CCLASP adventure? They’re a great charity run by very dedicated people. You can be sure your money will be well spent.
Meet us along the way
The ESPC team will set out at 1pm (aiming for a 3:30pm finish) and will head to Inverleith Park via Stockbridge and back up to The Meadows via the West End and Lothian Road.
The team would love for you to meet them at either Inverleith Park at around 1:20 pm (look out for us circling the entire perimeter of the park) and at the Meadows from 2pm. The team will start and end off at the ESPC Showroom on George Street in Edinburgh so if you're in town, pop by!
Have a look at our map to see where we will be between 1pm and 3:30 pm. Don't worry, we will make sure we make up the full 20km by doing a victory lap round George Street!
Follow ESPC on Twitter for tweet updates along the way and maybe even a sweaty picture too.
Keep track of us
You can keep track of our race 'live' by following us here