How much is my house worth?
ESPC’s free property valuation service makes it easy to find out the value of your house or flat in Scotland.
ESPC agents cover areas across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife, the Scottish Borders, central and west of Scotland, and Dumfries and Galloway. So whether you live in Edinburgh, Glasgow or Dunfermline, you can use our quick and easy service to find out how much your home is worth.
How do I get my house valued?
Getting your house valued by an ESPC agent is free and the process is quick and simple. Here’s how it works:
- Fill in our free property valuation form online
- Choose what matters to you, whether that’s selling your house fast, selling at the highest price, working with an expert agent who has sold properties nearby or has the nearest office.
- Pick from our agents based on your chosen criteria.
It's that simple! We’ll then ask your selected agents to contact you to arrange your free valuation of your house or flat.
They will come to visit your home and provide you with a valuation of your property, helping you to make a start on your selling journey.
Why is a property valuation important?
A property valuation is the first step to selling your home in Scotland. This can help inform the rest of your home buying and selling journey, which is why it’s so important to work with an agent who understands your local area.
Not only will they let you know how much your home is worth, they will be there to guide you through every step of selling your home.
Why should I sell my home with an ESPC agent?
Our valuations service will allow you to choose an ESPC agent to start your the process of selling your home with. There are lots of benefits to selling with an ESPC agent, including:
- Get more for your home with ESPC. Independent research proved ESPC agents achieve on average 3% more above above Home Report valuation than non-ESPC agents. Find out how much more you could get for your home with our get more calculator.
- Get more local expert knowledge. Our agents are all experts in the local property market, with access to a wealth of ESPC data, which means they are able to guide you through the entire process from start to finish.
- Get more quality enquiries for your home. When you sell with an ESPC agent, you can access the comprehensive ESPC marketing package, which includes advertising on espc.com, in our weekly Paper and Information Centre, and ensures you reach a wide pool of prospective buyers.
Get started on your home selling journey today by arranging a free property valuation.
How much does a property valuation by an ESPC agent cost?
It's free! Inviting an ESPC agent out to value your house or flat costs absolutely nothing. The free service allows you to find out how much you home is worth in the current market with no obligation and without spending a penny.
What makes ESPC’s home valuations service different to others?
Our home valuation service focuses on what’s important to you. That’s why we offer the option to choose agents by specific criteria, including:
- An agent near you
- Getting the highest selling price
- Selling your home quickly
This feature makes our valuations service unique to others and ensures you meet with agents best suited to help you through the home selling process.
What is a property valuation and how is it calculated?
A house valuation involves a property valuer from an agent coming out to visit your property to find out about the condition, layout and any different features of the property that will affect its appeal to buyers.
Using their expert knowledge and access to ESPC market data, they will then be able to provide you with a valuation, helping you to understand how much your home is worth and how much it is likely to sell for. Find out more about what happens at a house valuation.
Can I get an instant online property valuation of my house or flat?
The best way to find out the value of your home is to invite an ESPC agent out so they can take into account all the different factors that may affect the selling price of your home.
An instant online valuation will generally be based on sold prices in the area and not necessarily take into account all the different elements that could affect the value of your property. Find out more about the differences between an online and agent valuation.
The added benefit is that meeting with agents face-to-face allows you to ask more questions about the selling process and decide whether you would like to sell your home with them.