How much is my house worth?
ESPC’s free property valuation service makes it easy to find out the value of your house or flat in Scotland.
Selling your home during the Coronavirus outbreak
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak a number of our agents are offering virtual home valuations instead of their usual in-person valuations service. Doing valuations remotely allows our agents to review the features and conditions of your home while the lockdown is in place. Our expert agents are able to answer any questions you may have on buying or selling a home during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please note, valuation services currently on offer will vary based on each individual ESPC agent’s circumstances. Our agents will do their best to offer you expert advice during this time.
ESPC agents cover areas across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife, the Scottish Borders, central and west of Scotland, and Dumfries and Galloway. So, whether you live in areas around Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dumfries or Dunfermline, you can access expert advice on the property market.
How do I get a virtual home valuation?
Getting a virtual home valuation by an ESPC agent is a free and simple process.
- Fill in our free property valuation form online
- Choose what matters to you, whether that’s selling your house fast, selling at the highest price, working with an expert agent who has sold properties nearby or has expert local knowledge through an office near you.
- Pick from our agents based on your chosen criteria.
It's that simple! We’ll then ask your selected agents to contact you to discuss what type of valuation service they are able to offer.
They would normally come to visit your home and provide you with a valuation of your property, however due to the COVID-19 outbreak valuation visits will be over a phone or video call.
How does a virtual home valuation work?
Virtual valuations work in a similar way to our in-person valuations. Practices may vary slightly between our agents, however in general, our agents will look to do the following:
- Your chosen ESPC agent will contact you to arrange a time that suits
- They will ask you what format works best for you, whether that is a WhatsApp video call, FaceTime or Zoom
- Once on your video call they will talk you through recent property market updates and services they offer
- They will then "walk through" your home with you, asking questions along the way to get more information about the condition of your property
- All our agents are local property experts, so already have indpeth knowledege of your area, which they will combine with information from your video "walk through"
- The video call can last up to an hour. After this the ESPC agent will send your through a thorough home valuation, as they would normally do after an in-person visit.
Why is a property valuation important?
A property valuation is the first step to selling your home in Scotland. This can help inform the rest of your home buying and selling journey, which is why it’s so important to work with an agent who understands your local area.
Not only will they let you know how much your home is worth, they will be there to guide you through every step of selling your home.
Why should I sell my home with an ESPC agent?
Our valuations service will allow you to choose an ESPC agent to start your the process of selling your home with. There are lots of benefits to selling with an ESPC agent, including:
- Get more for your home with ESPC. Independent research proved ESPC agents achieve on average 3% more above above Home Report valuation than non-ESPC agents. Find out how much more you could get for your home with our get more calculator.
- Get more local expert knowledge. Our agents are all experts in the local property market, with access to a wealth of ESPC data, which means they are able to guide you through the entire process from start to finish.
- Get more quality enquiries for your home. When you sell with an ESPC agent, you can access the comprehensive ESPC marketing package, which includes advertising on espc.com, in our weekly Paper and Information Centre, and ensures you reach a wide pool of prospective buyers.
Get started on your home selling journey today by arranging a free property valuation.
How much does a property valuation by an ESPC agent cost?
It's free! ESPC home valuations on your house or flat costs absolutely nothing. The free service allows you to find out how much you home is worth in the current market with no obligation and without spending a penny.
What makes ESPC’s home valuations service different to others?
Our home valuation service focuses on what’s important to you. That’s why we offer the option to choose agents by specific criteria, including:
- An agent near you
- Getting the highest selling price
- Selling your home quickly
This feature makes our valuations service unique to others and ensures you work with agents best suited to help you through the home selling process.
What is a property valuation and how is it calculated?
A house valuation involves a property valuer from an agent assessing your property to find out about the condition, layout and any different features of the property that will affect its appeal to buyers.
Using their expert knowledge and access to ESPC market data, they will then be able to provide you with a valuation, helping you to understand how much your home is worth and how much it is likely to sell for.
Can I get an instant online property valuation of my house or flat rather than a virtual valuation?
The best way to find out the value of your home is to talk to an ESPC agent out so they can take into account all the different factors that may affect the selling price of your home.
An instant online valuation will generally be based on sold prices in the area and not necessarily take into account all the different elements that could affect the value of your property.
The added benefit is that talking to an ESPC agent allows you to ask more questions about the selling process and decide whether you would like to sell your home with them.