Head Cashier vacancy at Ralph Hendrie Legal
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Ralph Hendrie Legal as Head Cashier.
Job title: Head Cashier
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Based on Experience
Closing date: 23rd December 2020
Due to ongoing expansion, Ralph Hendrie Legal is now looking for a new full-time Head Cashier. This role offers the applicant the sole responsibility for management of two part time cashiers to deal with client monies daily ensuring the team’s workload is carried out effectively, efficiently, accurately, and timeously.
The position of Head Cashier will offer an industry competitive salary. The working office premises are based in Edinburgh City Centre which are easily accessible by public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Proactively manage the Cashiering team daily, ensuring the team’s workload is carried out effectively, efficiently, accurately, timeously and to a high standard.
- Continuously review working practices and propose and implement improved processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Be fully responsible for ensuring that books and records, in terms of firm and client balances, are accurate.
- Ensure that the firm, and cash room specifically, always complies with the Law Society of Scotland Rules.
- Liaise with the company directors as and when necessary.
- Complete the six-monthly certificate submission for the Law Society of Scotland; and
- Be responsible for completing the month end and year-end financial system roll forward of the books and records.
- To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- You will have previous experience of working in a law firm with good working knowledge of the Law Society of Scotland Accounts Rules.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing and meeting the demands of a very busy environment with strict timescales.
- Team management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with the Cash room team and fee earners, and the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- You’ll be confident in your own judgement and skills but know when it’s necessary to call upon the help and expertise of others.
- You will be flexible and reliable: a self-starter, enthusiastic, accurate, with excellent attention to detail.
- You will be IT literate and proficient with Word and Excel.