Enjoy the coveted village way of life in this charming detached Victorian period property – offering ideal family accommodation with a generous garden and excellent scope for a buyer to make their mark.
Rubersvale sits on the East Gate to the edge of Denholm, with the striking stone property set against al sheltered mature garden. The property benefits the welcoming room proportions and ceiling height synonymous with the period, as well as a host of retained features.
Public space on the ground floor is well provided for; with a comfortable living room with feature fireplace and a lovely bright dual aspect overlooking the garden, a separate dining room across the hall perfect for entertaining or for family gatherings, with the original polished wood flooring and a warming woodburner. A country-contemporary kitchen lies to the rear, with space for casual dining, plenty of storage, and opening to the garden. Upstairs, four well-proportioned bedrooms are all stylishly presented, with the useful addition of a home office and a beautiful family bathroom across the landing - making it an easy choice for a growing family.
Denholm is a particularly charming and popular Borders village; centred around the traditional green with a host of independent shops, cafés and restaurants, the area is popular with families and retirees alike, and a favourite for those looking for a country village while remaining well connected. The village itself has a well-regarded primary school, with swift links to local secondary’s at Hawick & Jedburgh. The village is renowned for its idyllic beauty, encircled by open countryside and excellent scenery.
• Location – central within the Scottish Borders resulting in easy connections for both the A68 and A7, nearby towns of Jedburgh & Hawick, and a range of facilities and amenities.
• Ideal for – an obvious choice for a starter or growing family, with plenty of living accommodation and 4/5 bedrooms.
• Period Features – character and charm in abundance with the modern elements of the property blending well with original features including cast iron fireplaces, Victorian tiling, stained glass and cornicing and coving.
• Village Amenities – Denholm caters for a range of needs and is a pleasant and appealing Borders village, still retaining independent retailers such as a butchers, café, shop, garage, Italian Bistro and antiques showroom, hairdressers and coffee shop as well as well regarded hotel/restaurant and a pub – so you never need leave the village!
• Out and About – Minto 18-hole Golf Course is on your doorstep little more than a mile away and the area is ideal for outdoor pursuits with walking in the steps of St Cuthbert or following the Abbey Ways, horse riding, cycling or fishing on The Teviot, and with a strong sporting and musical connection, you’ll never be short of something to do!
Mains electricity, water & drainage. Oil fired central heating with supplementary open fire & multifuel stove.
All fixtures, fittings and appliances, as viewed, are included in the sale price. Private off-street parking.
Viewing & Home Report
To arrange a viewing or request a copy of the Home Report contact the selling agents, Hastings Property on 01750 724 160 -lines open until 10pm 7 days a week.
Price & Marketing Policy
Offers are invited and should be submitted to the Selling Agents, Hastings Property Shop, 28 The Square, Kelso, TD5 7HH, 01573 225999, Fax 01573 229888. The seller reserves the right to sell at any time and interested parties will be expected to provide the Selling Agents with advice on the source of funds with suitable confirmation of their ability to finance the purchase.