ESPC Lettings complaint procedureTopics
ESPC Lettings view complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for person that has made the complaint.
The ESPC Lettings complaints procedure has been structured to ensure that any concerns are dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use, for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know who to contact us to make a complaint
- To make sure everyone at ESPC Lettings knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely manner
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us improve what we do.
Definition of a complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of ESPC Lettings.
Complaints may come from tennats, landlords, neighbours or contractors. A complaint can be received verbally, by phone or face to face or in writing by email or post.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protections requirements.
To register a formal complaint please follow the process as detailed below:
1/ In order that your concerns are addressd as efficiently as possible we ask that you first raise the issues verbally with the Senior Property Manager.
2/ Your complaints will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt and an investigation will be undertaken. We aim to return a response to your complaint within 15 working days.
3/ If this does not resolve your complaint you should contact the Head of ESPC Lettings.
4/ This complaint will also be acknowledged witthin three working days and investigation undertaken.
5/ Following the Head of Lettings investigation a formal written response will be sent to you within 15 working days either via post or email. This will include any offer made.
6/ If dissatiesfied you are entitled to refer this matter to the First tier tribunal www.housingandpropertychamber.scot