How much is my house worth?
The first step to selling your house or flat in Scotland is to find out how much it’s worth. As the home of property, ESPC provides a free home valuation service so you can find out how much your home is worth.
Get a free home valuationESPC agents cover areas across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife, the Scottish Borders, central and west of Scotland, and Dumfries and Galloway. So, whether you live in areas around Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dumfries or Dunfermline, you can get a free property valuation with ESPC.
Why is a property valuation important?
A property valuation is the first step to selling your home in Scotland. This can help inform the rest of your home buying and selling journey, which is why it’s so important to work with an agent who understands your local area.
Not only will they let you know how much your home is worth, but they will also be there to guide you through every step of selling your home.
Why should I sell my home with an ESPC agent?
Our valuations service will allow you to choose an ESPC agent to start the process of selling your home with. There are lots of benefits to selling with an ESPC agent, including:
- The home of getting more. Independent research showed ESPC agents sold homes for an average of 3% more above Home Report value than non-ESPC agents.
- The home of local expert knowledge. Our agents are all experts in the local property market, with access to a wealth of ESPC data, which means they are able to guide you through the entire process from start to finish. It also means that you need less points of contact with different companies throughout each step of your property buying or selling journey.
- The home of fantastic property marketing. When you sell with an ESPC agent, you can access the comprehensive ESPC marketing package, which includes advertising on espc.com, which received hundreds of thousands of pageviews a week, and ensures you reach a wide pool of prospective buyers.
Get started on your home selling journey today by arranging a free property valuation.
How do I get a home valuation?
Getting a home valuation by an ESPC agent is a free and simple process.
- Fill in our free property valuation form online
- Choose what matters to you, whether that’s selling your house fast, selling at the highest price, working with an expert agent who has sold properties nearby or has expert local knowledge through an office near you.
- Pick from our agents based on your chosen criteria.
It's that simple! We’ll then ask your selected agents to contact you to discuss the next steps and whether you want them to come out and visit you in person, or provide a "desktop valuation".
Find out how much your house or flat is worth.
What happens at a valuation?
Every solicitor estate agent is unique and you need to find the firm that best suits you. This is a general guide to the valuation process.
- Your chosen ESPC agent will contact you to arrange a time that suits.
- They will discuss the process with you and let you know of anything that you need to do in advance of the visit.
- The agent will then walk through the property to inspect its condition and any important features.
- During or after the valuation, the agent will ask questions about your property and also offer advice on preparing it for market.
- After they have left, the ESPC solicitor estate agent will contact you by phone or email to provide your home valuation.
Arrange a free property valuation with an ESPC agent today to find out how much your house or flat is worth.
How much does a property valuation by an ESPC agent cost?
It's free! ESPC home valuations on your house or flat costs absolutely nothing. The free service allows you to find out how much you home is worth in the current market with no obligation and without spending a penny.
What makes ESPC’s home valuations service different to others?
Our home valuation service focuses on what’s important to you. That’s why we offer the option to choose agents by specific criteria, including:
- An agent near you
- Getting the highest selling price
- Selling your home quickly
This feature makes our valuations service unique to others and ensures you work with agents best suited to help you through the home selling process.
What is a property valuation and how is it calculated?
A house valuation involves a property valuer from an agent assessing your property to find out about the condition, layout and any different features of the property that will affect its appeal to buyers.
Using their expert knowledge and access to ESPC market data, they will then be able to provide you with a valuation, helping you to understand how much your home is worth and how much it is likely to sell for.
Can I get an instant online property valuation of my house or flat rather than a valuation by an agent?
The best way to find out the value of your home is to talk to an ESPC agent out so they can take into account all the different factors that may affect the selling price of your home.
An instant online valuation will generally be based on sold prices in the area and not necessarily take into account all the different elements that could affect the value of your property.
The added benefit is that talking to an ESPC agent allows you to ask more questions about the selling process and decide whether you would like to sell your home with them.